Monday, February 7, 2011

Where is the love?

I think this video is cool because it gets us to really think about what's really happening around us. In the chorus when it said "can you practice what you preach and would you turn the other cheek" I think that means why don't you do what you say but would just choose ignore it. At the beginning when he asked "what's wrong with the world mama?", well that's what i have asked before and I still don't understand why is it that we want things and we have to fight for it, like in the movies it may sound cool but soldiers dying who have family back home is not cool. I remember when I was little and people told us things like "sharing is caring", well what ever happened to that huh? The part where it said "father, father please help us please send some guidance from above" is basically saying you know we have done alot and we're lost we need help god. The video had a lot of question marks, I think it's just a really big statement, we kind of underestimate it, it means alot like where is the love? I think the love is in us ... we just don't no how to express it. My favourite part was when apl.de.ap was rapping while the cords were in the back. But there is one thing we can not forget love can not exist without hate, but there is too much hate now we must try showing that yutopia we all dream about. Peace and love :)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic job, Irene.

    I really enjoy reading your reflections. They are so well-written, and I can really tell you are connecting to the video. I love how you thoughtfully analyzed lyrics from the song. You made connections and asked insightful questions. This is one of my favourites.
    Well done.

    Peace & Love,

    Ms. Lee

    ReplyDelete